Saturday, November 24, 2007

I really thought that I was okay with missing Thanksgiving this year... until I read my mom's post about it. And while I'm happy that everyone was able to get together to have fun and eat what sounds like incredible food, I can't help but feel that same twinge of jealousy that hit me last year when NSLS, RevDrMom, the Kid and the wonderful in-laws gathered together for Christmas and then video skyped me. Sometimes, I would just rather not know what I'm missing, that's all.

I hope that one day I'm surrounded by happy people doing things that make them feel good instead of a bunch of cynical depressed people who have nothing better to do than make fun of how pathetic the next one of us is, which is how I spend my most of my days in Korea now. It can't be good for my outlook...

3 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

Well, you'll be here for Christmas and I hope that it will be a good time. We missed you at Thanksgiving--we really did. Maybe you'll be here next year too.

See you soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

your post makes me sad. will we get to see eachother when you are back? i know you will want to spend your time with your family. let me know if we can work something out.

Anonymous said...

Christmas will be fun, I promise. And my inlaws wish they could come. They want to see you too, but they are goig to visit another family memeber.

I miss you. Holidays aren't the same without you.