Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Out of Hope

So today the High Court officially refused to hear the appeal for Masum, Kajiman and Raju's release. Which means we are pretty much out of legal avenues to fight for their release. I heard from a Nepalese friend today that Raju and Kajiman have both been cleared by the Nepalese embassy for travel and it looks like they will probably be gone by tomorrow. Masum's situation is still unclear. He spoke to Bangladeshi embassy officials today and they haven't issued papers for him yet, although that could also happen tomorrow. There is just isn't a basis for them to say no any longer.

Unfortunately they will all probably just disappear without being able to make any phone calls, so we won't know that they are gone for sure until they find phones in whatever countries they have lay-overs in.

It's still hard for me to believe that I might not ever see Masum again. It really pisses me off that our last moments together were in a jail visitation room with glass and steel between us. I'm still really afraid about what will happen to him when he arrives in Bangladesh and if it's bad, I wonder how I'll ever find out about it. It's the uncertainty of everything that is hard. And hoping for anything to actually work out is scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((WW))))

Unknown said...

we are thinking about you over here in montreal....

xxxoooxxxooo

Rev Dr Mom said...

Does Masum have my contact info so he can find you here? Is there anyway you can get it to him?

I'm so sorry. It seems like they could at least let you visit him before they send him away.