Friday, November 17, 2006

things that I'm sick of:

1. This headache. I've had it since Tuesday and last night it was so bad that I had trouble lifting my head off the pillow. And there was some nausea involved. Today it is back to a dull pulse behind my eyes and mostly on the right side of my head. Won't it ever stop?

2. Celebrating Democrats: No, stupid face, I'm not a Republican. All I've gotta say to our Democratic Leaders is put your money where your mouth is. Am I happy that dems won? Yeah sure, I mean they can't be worse than our previous law-makers, but do I really think that anything is going to change? Hell no. Nancy Pelosi and her "hold the fuck on" face that everyone has been talking about doesn't impress me for a minute.

I don't mean to sound so snide and cynical, but I would just like to remind everyone out there that we had, in fact, waged war on Iraq long before the GW administration stole the election in 2000. Clinton and his pals imposed sanctions that killed more than a million Iraqis (to which M. Albright said, "this is they price we must pay" for those who pay no heed to international law), AND we bombed them with uranium depleted missiles which has sent cancer rates and birth defects soaring since 1991. The difference between Bush and Clinton? Under Clinton, AMERICANS weren't getting killed.

Let's take domestic policy as another example. Under Clinton, the economy was booming, right? So how come the gap between the rich and the poor continued to grow at alarming rates? How come REAL wages for Americans remained stagnant or declined? How come these horrible free trade agreements that hurt workers and farmers continued to be negotiated? Why did more women and children get kicked off of welfare? Because the economic and domestic policy during the Clinton years was to grow the economy and maintain the status-quo that the Reagan administration created.

I know that Bush is wasting more money than Clinton. I know that the state of the US's international relationships has worsened since Bush as become president.... YYYYYYESSSSSSS! I know, Bush is worse, BUT Bush is not fundamentally different than Clinton. Really, I'm saying that we Americans are going to have the same problems no matter who the president is. Why, you ask? Well, because all of our politicians are millionaires and businessmen and on the take from corporations who don't give a single fucking iota about our well-being. Really, it's that simple.

All this thinking of politics is making my head hurt even more. If I had my way, I would throw everyone out of Washington and re-make the whole darn system. Back to things I'm sick of:

3. The Poverty-Debt Cycle and Credit Card Companies (which I've already written about here)

4. Being Alone. Here in Korea, I have no English-Speaking girlfriends. I miss girls. And I miss friends. And these days, I even miss English.

5. Is eating egg-n-a-hole for every meal further proof that I am reverting into a bratty child?

The good news is that I can't think of anything else that I'm sick of. Except this: always being sick of things. Is this becoming some sort of disease in America?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is something to be said about eating egg in a hole every day. but redemption can be had, if and only if, you eat it with strawberry jam.

and remember, we are all sausages. all of us.