Saturday, March 17, 2007

a little bit of spring goes a long way

Forsythia. Rhodedendrons. Magnolias. Plum trees. Longer, sunnier days. Warm(ish) rain. Yes, it is the early bloomers that can really give a girl hope.

And this year, there is a bonus: I have my very own roof. And my very own set of stairs that leads to the roof. Which means I will have my very own roof top garden this year!

I've started buying seeds. I've started buying dirt. And in a few short weeks, I will start planting my way into summer.

And just thinking about it now makes me a very, very happy girl.

1 comment:

BerryBird said...

All those flowers sound heavenly! I love springtime, the landscape changes every day. We got another six inches of snow overnight, but the end is in sight at least. The roof garden sounds great, I hope you will write more about it as things progress.