Sunday, April 1, 2007

And Another Thing

I feel stupid lately. Like literally. On Wednesday night, I got into a debate with a Thomas Friedman-esque warm and fuzzy neo-con about the current free trade agreement negotiations between Korea and America and got my ass handed to me on a platter. It was humiliating to have been routed so thoroughly by a totally one-sided argument that is incredibly easy to see through, but I just didn't bring it.

And for some reason I can't stop thinking about how much that rather insignificant incident bothers me.

Is it because I sounded so ill-informed?

Is it just because I know if someone were judging the debate, I would've lost?

Is it because I seemed to have lost all of my abilities to think on my feet and verbally eviscerate?

Why yes, it would be all of those things. Korea makes me stupider.

Gah.

No comments: