Friday, November 2, 2007

random bullets of anyway

  • Today is NSLS's birthday! Happy Birthday, lil preggy sis. Your belly looks so cute, BTW!

  • In not so nice news, a really good friend of mine and the GS's was arrested in a factory immigration raid on Halloween. I'm going out to the boondocks detention center tomorrow earlyish to check on him and deliver some medication. Not really looking forward to that, but I guess it may be my last chance to see him. It's shocking, really, how many of the people I befriended 2.5 years ago have been caught and deported, mostly in the last 3 months. Korea is becoming a lonelier place everyday.
  • In other news that's not bad or good, I moved last weekend. I now live a little itty bitty one room apartment with the GS. It's really close to my job and allows me to live in my own squalor but not have to tolerate other people's, which is exactly what I like. Although fortunately, there isn't any squalor here yet.
  • In somewhat sad news, rani the cat had to find a new home. She lived in the one room place with us for about a week, but she was getting cagey and driving us so crazy we couldn't sleep. The GS enquired at the pet food shop and the folks there generously agreed to help us out. I miss rani already. I wish there was a way to keep her.
  • In super exciting news, I'm definitely going back to America for Christmas, and I'll get to stay 2 whole weeks. No word yet on what the actual plan is when I arrive, but it can't be bad whatever it is. I need a break from Korea!

4 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

I'm really glad you're coming back for Christmas--where do you want to be? Some combination of Burlington and my house or all Burlington?

Obviously I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I have the next Sunday off.

Anonymous said...

i'm really excited that you are coming back for christmas! a more detailed email will follow. on a completely different note, i dressed up for halloween and won a $250.00 gift certificate at a pub downtown. you have to visit montreal if only to help me drink that free beer i get :) talk to you soon,

mlj

Woman Warrior said...

Christmas... Doesn't anyone have plans to visit grandma? When NSLS and I talked about this months ago, that was what we were going to do, but now I dunno. I guess I'd rather not spend a lot of time Chez Rev.Dr.Mom unless the whole family decides go there. I'd like to see my friends, too. Is it possible to fit that much into two jet-lagged weeks?

Woman Warrior said...

BTW, I fly into Boston. I'll email you my itinerary.